Decal Review Iliad Design 1/48 P-38J Lightning
This is a new decal sheet from Iliad Design.
This sheet from Iliad Design gives you 5 different decal P-38J options.
These decals are not designed to work with any specific kits but the main players seem to be the Academy kits, which were also reboxed by Eduard, and Hasegawa. You will see some other boxings out there but they mostly seem to date back to the Monogram kits of the 60s.
Inside the bag:
Inside the bag we have:
- One double-sided colour sheet of instructions
- One 14.5 cm by 20.5 cm decal sheet
The options offered are:
- P-38J 79th FS, 20th FG, June 1944
- P-38J 80th FS, 8th FG New Guinea late 1944
- P-38J 7th FG, UK, March 1944
- P-38J 7th FS, 20th FG, Kingcliffe UK, Spring 1944
- P-38J 49th FS, 14th FG, Triolo Italy, May 1944
The instructions are a single-sided full-colour sheet and cover 6 decal/painting schemes.
The front of the instructions shows side views of all 5 aircraft. The reverse of the sheet gives top views of the aircraft.
There’s lots of extra information on the sheet to help you get your painting correct. Each design has notes specific to it that will help get things perfect.
Another very nice decal sheet from Iliad Design with excellent instructions and an interesting selection of themes.
The sheet is available from Iliad Design in Canada and other dealers.