This is a new decal sheet from Iliad Design, sheet number 48039.
The only other decals in this scale I see out there are by Caracal but there might be more out there for the T-38C. Caracals sheet gives you more of the standard trainer paint scheme.
This sheet from Iliad Design gives you 6 unique designs for the T-38C when an aircraft was given a special heritage paint scheme used on an aircraft from the past, such as a D-Day scheme.
There’s no mention of a specific kit for this set so they should work with the Trumpeter, Wolfpack or Sword kits of the T-38C.
Inside the bag:
Inside the bag we have:
- One double-sided colour sheet of instructions
- One 14.5 cm by 20.5 cm decal sheet
The instructions are a single-sided full colour sheet and cover 5 decal/painting schemes:
- T-38C, 50th FTS, Columbus AFB. Painted as a pursuit a/c of 1941.
- T-38C, 90th FTS, Sheppard AFB. Scheme commemorating the P-47s of the 90th Pursuit Group in WWII.
- T-38C, 469th FTS, Sheppard AFB. Painted to commemorate a Vietnam-era F-4 Phantom.
- T-38C, 585th FTS, Hollman AFB. D-Day scheme.
- T-38C, 49th FTS, Columbus AFB. Painted to commemorate P-38 Lightnings of the 49th Fighter Sqn in WWII.
The front shows port side views of all 5 aircraft and also a starboard view of the Vietnam era painted aircraft. The front of the sheet also gives information about the ‘ballast box’ that some of the aircraft have fitted. The reverse of the sheet gives top and bottom views of all 5 designs.
There’s lots of extra information on the sheet to help you get your painting correct. You’re told the width of the D-Day invasion stripes in real life and in 1/48 scale. As mentioned the ballast box is explained. Each design has notes specific to it that will help get things perfect.
Another very nice decal sheet from Iliad Design with excellent instructions and an interesting selection of themes.