Welcome to the SciFiantasy 2022 Star Wars Group Build. This build was very popular and has become an annual event on HLI. We hope to see many of you joining in on the build!
The HLI Star Wars GB For 2022:
- You must enter a new kit. Previously started kits will not be allowed in the group build. This is to get everyone started off on the same foot.
- What is considered a build? It can be a kit, 3D printed, or scratch built. Just putting together or printing out a file is not considered a build. A build has work done to it such as sanding, filling, gluing, painting, etc. Models or 3D prints with nothing done to them will not be accepted.
- Your build must be Star Wars related or a what-if in Star Wars markings. It can be from TV, movies, comics, etc. If you are unsure if your build fits in please email us at email@example.com so we can help you out.
- Your build can be any scale, manufacturer, material, scratch build, 3D printed, or more as long as it is a Star Wars build.
- Your build will be made into an article for the main site Hobby Link International for the modeling community to enjoy.
- You do not have to be an HLI Community member to join this build but we encourage you to join and post the progress of your build with the community.
- All builds completed by members will automatically be entered in the 2022 Annual Chippy Awards. If you do not want your build to be entered in the contest please advise us as soon as you can.
- We will have a live YouTube stream to show off everyone’s hard work! The date for the live stream will be announced as we reach the end of the build.
Photo Entries For Articles And The Live Show
- To have your build featured on the main site and in the yearly live stream please make sure you follow these rules.
- You need to submit 5 but no more than 25 pictures of your build.
- Make sure you have a clean background for the best viewing possible pictures with cluttered backgrounds will not be accepted.
- You need to number order your pictures in a three-digit format (001.jpeg, 002.jpeg, 003, and so on) this makes it easier for us to keep your pictures in order.
- Submit your pictures to either our official email firstname.lastname@example.org or our Dropbox that uses the same email address.
- If possible please reduce the file size of your pictures. You can do this in your photo editor or you can use a site like https://www.compressor.io
- File size reduction to 1MB again if possible. This is to save space on our servers the bigger the pictures the more room they take up on the server.
The Most Important Rule Of All
Have fun and enjoy your build!!! We love seeing your work and we hope you join in on the build!!!
This build begins on May 5, 2021, and ends on May 2, 2022, at 6:00 pm EST. We need all pictures and write-ups by this deadline.
The Live Show will be held May 4, 2022, at 7 pm EST.
The picture below is correctly sized to be used as a thumbnail for your YouTube Videos. If you are making videos for the group build we ask that you title them The SciFiantasy Star Wars GB. This way if people search they will find all of our builds.