Welcome to the 1st Annual SciFiantasy Group Build. The members of our YouTube community helped to decide on this group build. Because there are so many models of different Sci-Fi models from TV shows to Movies we decided to make a group build that encompasses them all. So here are the rules.
SciFiantasy GB Rules For 2023:
- You must enter a new kit. Previously started kits will not be allowed in the group build. This is to get everyone started off on the same foot.
- What is considered a build? It can be a kit, 3D printed, or scratch-built. Just putting together or printing out a file is not considered a build. A build has work done to it such as sanding, filling, gluing, painting, etc. Models or 3D prints with nothing done to them will not be accepted.
- Your build must be Science Fiction or Fantasy related. It could be from Star Trek, Aliens, Ghost Busters or anything that falls in Science Fiction and Fantasy. If you are unsure if your build fits in please email us at email@example.com so we can help you out.
- Your build can be any scale, manufacturer, material, scratch build, 3D printed, or more as long as it is new and creepy.
- Your build will be made into an article for the main site Hobby Link International for the modeling community to enjoy.
- You do not have to be a The HLI Community member but we encourage you to join and post the progress of your build with the community.
- In January of 2024 we will have a live YouTube stream to show off everyone’s hard work!
Photo Entries For Articles And The Live Show
- To have your build featured on the main site and in the yearly live stream please make sure you follow these rules.
- You need to submit 5 to no more than 15 pictures of your build.
- Make sure you have a clean background for the best viewing possible pictures with cluttered backgrounds will not be accepted.
- You need to number order your pictures in a three-digit format (001.jpeg, 002.jpeg, 003, and so on) this makes it easier for us to keep your pictures in order.
- Submit your pictures to either our official email firstname.lastname@example.org or our Dropbox that uses the same email address.
- Or you can join the HLI Community at https://www.community.hobbylinkinternational.com and post your completed builds and write-ups in the Annual Group Build Showcase which can be found here.
- If possible please reduce the file size of your pictures. You can do this in your photo editor or you can use a site like https://www.compressor.io
- File size reduction to 1mb again if possible. This is to save space on our servers the bigger the pictures the more room they take up on the server.
The Most Important Rule Of All
Have fun and enjoy your build!!! We love seeing your work and let’s see those Science Fiction and Fantasy Builds!!!
This build begins on January 1, 2023, and ends on December 31, 2023, at 12:00 pm EST. We need all pictures and write-ups by this deadline.
A live stream on YouTube will be held in January of 2024 to show of your completed work!
The picture below is correctly sized to be used as a thumbnail for your YouTube Videos. If you are making videos for the group build we ask that you title them The SciFiantasy 2023 GB. This way if people search they will find all of our builds.