Welcome fellow modelers from around the world. This year we will be starting a very special group build for a young modeler Jesse Buchsbaum who we lost in 2010 at the age of 17. I know Bud Buchsbaum for a very long time he is a good man and an excellent father. We always wanted to do something and finally this year it came to fruition. This group build is to honor our fellow modeler Jesse Buchsbaum but is also a group build to bring awareness to the problem of bullying people are faced with on a daily basis.
If you would like to know the full story of Bud and his family through a tumultuous few years for their family please visit the following link.
The 2022 1st Annual Jesse Buchsbaum Memorial and Bullying Awareness Group Build:
1. You must enter a new kit. Previously started kits will not be allowed in the group build. This is to get everyone started off on the same foot.
2. What is considered a build? It can be a kit, 3D printed, or scratch built. Just putting together or printing out a file is not considered a build. A build has work done to it such as sanding, filling, gluing, painting, etc. Models or 3D prints with nothing done to them will not be accepted.
3. On the base of your build or in your YouTube videos we ask that you put the Bullying Awareness Ribbon to show solidarity with those who have been bullied. There will be a png file at the bottom of this article you can use for your videos.
4. Please title your videos, if you make them, The Jesse Buchsbaum Memorial GB – and whatever you are building. Also, please in your description place #hobbylinkinternational so we will be able to find all of your videos in one place.
5. Your build can be anything you would like to build. If you are unsure if your build fits in please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help you out.
6. Your build can be any scale, manufacturer, material, scratch build, 3D printed, or more.
Your build will be made into an article for the main site Hobby Link International for the modeling community to enjoy.
7. You do not have to be an HLI Community member to join this build but we encourage you to join and post the progress of your build with the community. Community members will be entered in the giveaway for this build.
8. We will have a live YouTube stream to show off everyone’s hard work. And, most of all to honor Jesse and those who have suffered from bullying. The date for the live stream will be announced as we reach the end of the build.
Photo Entries For Articles And The Live Show:
1. To have your build featured on the main site and in the yearly live stream please make sure you follow these rules.
2. You need to submit 5 but no more than 25 pictures of your build.
3. Make sure you have a clean background for the best viewing possible pictures with cluttered backgrounds will not be accepted. This is to honor Jesse and those who have been bullied so let us do the best we can for them.
4. You need to number order your pictures in a three-digit format (001.jpeg, 002.jpeg, 003, and so on) this makes it easier for us to keep your pictures in order.
5. Submit your pictures to either our official email email@example.com or our Dropbox that uses the same email address.
6. Please reduce the file size of your pictures. You can do this in your photo editor or you can use a site like https://www.compressor.io
7. File size reduction to 1MB or smaller. This is to save space on our servers the bigger the pictures the more room they take up on the server.
8. We also need a small description of your build. A few sentences to a paragraph is fine. Things like scale, manufacture, the name of the kit are all good places to start. If you write a whole article that is fine too.
The Most Important Rules Of All:
Remember Jesse and those who have been bullied. We all know someone who has been bullied. Or we may even need to reflect on our own actions we may have taken in the past.
The second rule is to still have fun and enjoy your build!!! We know Jesse enjoyed building models and he would love to see us enjoying our builds too.
This build begins on Jesse’s birthday. The start date for the group build is January 15, 2022, and ends on January 14, 2023, at 11:59 pm EST. We need all pictures and write-ups by this deadline.
The Live Show will be held in January 2023.
In January of 2023 we will also be holding a community vote on the top three builds. There will either be awards or prizes for this group build which will be announced in the future.
The picture below is correctly sized to be used as a thumbnail for your YouTube Videos. You will also find a picture of the Bullying Awareness Ribbon you can use.