Hong Kong based Flame Toys has had the Hasbro Transformers and G.I. Joe licenses for several years now and have taken full advantage of them by producing some very high quality collectibles and model kits. Flame Toys’ Furai Model line has figures and vehicles that rival Bandai’s Gundam gunpla kits in quality and engineering.
Their next – representing Flame Toys’ twentieth – Transformers release is a model of Windblade. For those who are unfamiliar with the character, Windblade is a female Autobot who can turn into a VTOL jet. She is the first “fan-built bot” Transformer where most of her character and physical traits were determined by results of polls run on Hasbro’s official website. She was officially revealed at the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con. Here are some details of the upcoming model kit:
- Modern and stylized character design
- Non-scale – about 6.3 inches (160 mm) tall when assembled
- Non-transforming figure, but highly articulated with over 50 movable joints
- Includes Stormfall Sword
- Two pairs of hands included
- Parts molded in color
- Parts made of polystyrene and ABS plastic
- $49.99 U.S.D. MSRP
- January 2022 release (pushed out from November 2021)
Check out the gallery below for official images!