As usual, the book came from the publishers in Germany in a sturdy cardboard envelope and also wrapped in tissue paper.
The photos are all published on glossy paper. The text is in both English and German and the English translation is perfect. The captions and text are in-depth and well researched. A magazine for historians and modelers alike.
- Authors: Axel Urbanke
- Publisher: Luftfahrtverlag-Start
- Language: German/English
- Release date: April 2021
- ISBN: 9-783941-437470
- Size: Softcover, A4 size
- Paper: Glossy
Table of contents for this issue:
- 50 pages, 60 photos – thereof 7 in colour, 1 colour profile, 1 coloured emblem, 3 coloured documents, 5 coloured maps, reader’s forum
- Fighters: Look What Turned Up – Colour Photos of the Aircraft of Hptm. Bär, Kommandeur of I./JG 77
- Photos with a story: Kurierstaffel (trop) Afrika – The Unit with Many Names
- Scenery: Three Days Confined to Barracks for a “Flying Obscenity”
- Awards: The Honour Goblet for Distinguished Achievement in the Air War
- Reconnaissance Aircraft: Hit by Flak in the Area North of Rzhev!
- Fortunate return by a 4.(F)/14 crew in January 1942
- Documents: The Arab Identity Card of the German Africa Corps
- Heavy Fighters: Me 410 Production at Messerschmitt in Augsburg
- Color Photos: The Red Devil That Suddenly Disappeared (1./KG 76)
- Photos with a story: Hit by Flak – Return Flight with No Rudder!
- Happy Ending to a Dramatic Mission by Nahaufklärungsgruppe 4
- Tails: Einsatzbilanz einer Do 217 des KG 40
- Heavy Fighters: Derna – Base of Operations for the 9. Staffel of ZG 26 in North Africa
- Unusual: A Rare Boundary Stone as a Victory Marker (I./ZG 52)
- Seaplanes: Seenotstaffel 8 in the Black Sea
This issue is, as always, full of photos you are guaranteed to have not seen before. The research is excellent and each photo is fully described in both the captions and the accompanying text for the articles. Luftwaffe im Focus remains at the forefront of Luftwaffe research. If you’re interested in the Luftwaffe and want to see new material, then this is a publication for you.
Highly recommended for both modellers and Luftwaffe enthusiasts.
If you’re going to buy a copy, do it soon as once they’re gone, they get expensive and hard to find on the second-hand market and they get republished very rarely. I think so far only issues 1-3 have been reprinted and they sold out very quickly.
Luftwaffe im Focus 30 is available from the publisher.