1/72 C-27J SPARTAN / G.222
SUPER DECALS SHEET FOR 5 VERSIONS – COLORS INSTRUCTIONS SHEET
The Aeritalia G-222 twin-engine transport aircraft was designed in the late 1960s by the famous ing. Giuseppe Gabrielli, fighter designer such as G.55 and G. 91 and was born for a specific need of the Italian Air Force: to have a tactical transport aircraft, smaller than the four-engine Lockheed C-130 Hercules, able to take off and landing from very short and unprepared runways. The two turboprop engines are able to make the G-222 reach 480 km/h and the aircraft is characterized by excellent maneuverability even when fully loaded. Since 2005 it has been progressively replaced by its evolution, the C-27J Spartan. The Alenia C-27J Spartan is the new extensively updated and improved version of the G 222 tactical transport aircraft. The Spartan is equipped with two new and powerful Rolls-Royce AE2100-D2 turboprop engines capable of bringing the aircraft up to speed. of over 600 km / h. It can carry up to 68 soldiers or 46 fully equipped paratroopers, or over 11 tons of materials. The version supplied to the Italian Air Force also includes 2 Head Up Displays, digital cockpit and advanced avionics systems that give the aircraft all-weather capabilities and in the most risky operational areas. It has also been used in Afghanistan to support military and humanitarian operations.
1/24 Jaguar XJ 220
CHROMED PARTS – RUBBER TYRES – COLOR INSTRUCTIONS SHEET
The Jaguar XJ 220 became famous for its top speed amongst series production cars, attaining 350 km / h, a record which was held from 1992 and 1994. The inception of the XJ220 is unusual insofar as it originated from the ideas and creativity of Jaguar employees. Some staff worked on innovative and original projects outside of the scope of routine commercial considerations. A working group called “The Saturday Club” brought about the creation of a “concept car”, which was presented at the British Motor Show in 1988, generating critical public acclaim. From this initial developmental work, the Jaguar XJ 220 emerged, with the release of the first production vehicle in 1991. Lightweight, and an extremely powerful car, it had the performance characteristics of a truly “top sports car”, and was recognisable for its aerodynamic design and extremely modern lines for the period. International rock stars and wealthy businessmen were keen buyers of this prestigious vehicle.
1/48 HENSCHEL HS 123
SUPER DECALS SHEET FOR 6 VERSIONS – COLORS INSTRUCTIONS SHEET
FIGURE NOT INCLUDED
During the 1930s Henschel were tasked to design and build a ground attack aircraft that could provide support to ground troops. This led to the creation of the robust Henschel Hs-123 biplane, which was supplied to flying Squadrons in 1935. The first operational deployment of the aircraft took place during the Spanish Civil War to the Condor Legion squadrons. Due to its 880 hp BMW radial engine the Hs-123 was able to reach a top speed of 340 km/h and could carry a large offensive payload. During the Second World War, despite its proven reliability, the rapid technological evolution of aircraft design, engines and performance relegated the Hs-123 to supporting roles. On the Eastern Front for example, it was used primarily in a night-time ground attack role.
1/35 Pz. Kpfw. IV Ausf. H
METAL GUN BARREL – GLUABLE RUBBER OR LINK-AND-LENGTH TRACKS – DECALS FOR 5 VERSIONS – COLORS INSTRUCTIONS SHEET
3 FIGURE INCLUDED
The Panzer IV was deployed for the entire duration of WW2 by the Wehrmacht and benefited from frequent updates. It acquired the status of being known as the “backbone” of the Panzer Divisions on all operational fronts. The Panzer IV Ausf H which came into service from mid-1943, was improved in its offensive capability by the adoption of the 75 mm L / 48 KwK 40 cannon, which was characterized by greater penetrative capability and overall general effectiveness against enemy armoured vehicles. A technical innovation entitled Schürzen, was applied to the tank design which afforded additional sheet metal protection to the sides of the hull and around the turret. This in turn provided greater protection against enemy ‘hits’ and reduced damage to the Panzer. This addition of further side protection was often linked to the use of Zimmerit, a cement-based paste that was applied to the armour
1/72 Churchill Mk. III
GLUABLE RUBBER TRACKS – COLOR INSTRUCTIONS SHEET
1 FIGURE INCLUDED
The Churchill medium tank came into service with the British Army in 1942 to support and replace the earlier Valentines, Matildas and Crusaders, which, by then, were all outdated and inadequate in terms of both armor and weaponry, easily falling prey to the more advanced German tanks. Equipped with thick armor and a reliable engine, it proved to be tough and dependable, later being produced in ever-more efficient, upgraded versions. Its chassis was also used as a platform for specialized support vehicles such as the mine clearer, the bridge layer and the flame-thrower.