Welcome to HLI MOTY 2020!!
We have been running the SciFiantasy MOTY for a few years now and have decided to bring back the original MBI MOTY Contest for our military and civilian builders. But, we have decided to combine the two contests into one! We will now be running the HLI Model Of The Year Online Contest. We are posting up the rules now to give builders an ample amount of time to build and enter their models. We hope to see a lot of our friends from around the world joining the contest!
Please read through all of the rules of the contest carefully.
1. We encourage you to be a registered member of Hobby Link International’s Community. Follow this link to register – https://community.hobbylinkinternational.com/groups/the-hli-moty-2020-online-contest/
2. All models that are entered must be built by you. If it is found that the model was built by someone else it will be disqualified.
3. All manufacturers, scales, genres, scratch-builds, etc. are eligible for the contest.
4. All entries should have a small write up of their build. Scale. manufacturer, paints used, etc.
5. The most important thing is have fun!! 🙂
Update and Finished Photos:
1. After your initial entry photo if you wish to have progress photos start an album in this group The HLI MOTY 2020 Online Contest with your builds name. ( MOTY 2020 – Tamiya 1:35 Tiger) https://community.hobbylinkinternational.com/groups/the-hli-moty-2020-online-contest/
2. Finished Photos should either be emailed or sent to our Dropbox firstname.lastname@example.org. Your other option is to make a dedicated album in the official group and email the link so we can get your photos from the group.
3. You should have at least 5 photos of your build from different angles.
4. Your photos should be clear as this is an online contest and the judges will need the best possible photos. Have a solid background to give yourself the best chance possible to place in the contest.
6. Please limit your photo submissions to 25 photos per entry.
Entry Dates and Ending Dates :
1. HLI MOTY 2020 entrants can sign up and start building on September 22, 2019.
2. HLI MOTY 2020 last day for entries is December 27, 2020, by 11:59 p.m. EST.
Judging and Winners Announcements :
1. The contest will be judged by three judges from the modeling community.
2. The judges will be announced the day prior to the last day of entries.
3. There will be multiple categories for HLI MOTY 2020.
4. Each category will have a best of category winner.
5. The judges will choose the Model Of The Year winner and 2nd and 3rd place from the best of category winners.
6. HLI MOTY 2020 Category, Second, Third and Model Of The Year winners will be announced on December 31, 2020, by 8:00 p.m. EST.
1. Category winners will be awarded category champion challenge coins. (subject to change)
1. Second and Third place awards will be custom glass awards. (subject to change)
2. Model Of The Year Award will be the HLI Cathedral Of Crystal Award.
3. MOTY, Second, and Third place awards are custom made and are made after the winners are determined.
4. Allow 4 to 8 weeks for delivery as stated above they will be custom engraved.
Categories for the HLI MOTY 2020 Online Contest Contest:
1. Each category must have at least 5 entrants.
2. If the category does not get 5 entrants it will be either canceled or folded into another category close to the original category.
3. Civilian and Military Figures and Busts
4. Civilian Automotive (cars, motorcycles, trucks, etc)
5. Civilian Aircraft (planes, helicopters, jets, etc)
6. Civilian Ships (boats, ocean liners, tug boats etc)
7. Military Vehicles and Artillery (Tanks, IFV’s, APC’s, etc)
8. Military Aircraft (Fighter Jets, Helicopters, etc)
9. Military Ships (Battleships, Aircraft Carriers, etc)
10. Scifi and Fantasy Figures and Busts
11. Scifi and Fantasy Land Vehicles (Batmobile, Speed Bike, BTTF DeLorean, etc)
12, Scifi and Fantasy Watercraft (Seaview, Batboat, James Bond Car Submarine, etc)
13. Scifi Spacecraft (U.S.S. Enterprise, Millennium Falcon, X-Wing Fighter, etc)
14. Scifi Spacecraft Illuminated (U.S.S. Enterprise, Millennium Falcon, X-Wing Fighter, etc)
15. Mecha’s (Gundam, Gunpla, Robots, etc)
16. Vignettes all categories
17. Dioramas all categories
All entries will be made into articles for the main site under the MOTY menu. When you submit your final photo’s please include manufacturer, scale, kit name, and any other information you would like to include for the article.
The rules of the contest can be changed without prior notice to the contestants. If the rules are changed we will make our best attempt to notify everyone in a timely manner. The contest may be canceled at any time without prior notice. All contestants are to abide by the rules of the contest. Anyone found cheating will be banned from Scifiantasy, its affiliate sites and any further contests that are held by Hobby Link International Inc.
For any questions please contact us here at email@example.com