Welcome to MOTY 2019!!
After thinking about it for a long time and getting many requests to bring back the MOTY contest it has been done. Each year will be broken down into a different genre of model building. This is being done to give the builders an ample amount of time to build their models. Builders were entering the same build year after year in multiple contests which was brought to our attention. One of the points of the contest is to see new fresh builds and ideas. Here are the first two years of genres. And because of the bad actions by one entrant, the contest will be held in the community so we have total control over the contest. Your builds will be added to the main site as articles.
MOTY 2019 Contest – Figures and Busts
MOTY 2020 Contest – SpaceCraft
We are spacing out certain categories so the builder will have enough time for their build if they want to add all the bells and whistles. The following rules will apply to all contests and separate categories will be announced for each contest.
Please read through all of the rules as they pertain to both years.
1. You must be a registered member of Hobby Link International’s Community.
2. The model must be a new unstarted kit for the contest.
3.. You must post a picture of your unstarted kit with a date reference in the photo.
4. Your entrance photo must be posted in this group for all to see for transparency.
5. Your build can be from any manufacturer, scratch built or modified as long as it is new.
6. You must be a member of this group. https://community.hobbylinkinternational.com/groups/model-of-the-year-2019/
7. Completed builds must be emailed to me or added to our DropBox the email is the same for both email@example.com.
8. Each Contestant can enter up to 5 builds per category.
9. No recasts are allowed to be entered in the contest. If an entry is found to be a recast it will be immediately disqualified.
Update and Finished Photos:
1. After your initial entry photo if you wish to have progress photos start an album in this group titles MOTY 2019 or MOTY 2020 with your builds name. ( MOTY 2019 – Michael Myers or MOTY 2020 – Viper Mk. II)
2. Finished Photos should be placed in an album with the same criteria as updated photos except in the dedicated groups for MOTY 2019 and MOTY 2020.
3. These groups will be names MOTY 2019 Entries and MOTY 2020 Entries
4. You should have at least 5 photos of your build from different angles.
5. Your photos should be clear as this is an online contest and the judges will need the best possible photos.
6. You may place as many photos as you like in the album you create in the group.
Entry Dates and Ending Dates :
1. MOTY 2019 and MOTY 2020 entrants can sign up November 11, 2018.
2. MOTY 2019 last day for entries is December 27, 2019, by 11:59 p.m. EST.
3. MOTY 2020 last day for entries is December 25, 2020, by 11:59 p.m. EST.
Judging and Winners Announcements :
1. The contest will be judged by three judges from the modeling community.
2. The judges will be announced the day prior to the last day of entries.
3. There will be multiple categories for each contest.
4. Each category will have a first second and third place winner.
5. The judges will choose the Model Of The Year winner from the first place finishers.
6. MOTY 2019 First, Second, Third and Model Of The Year winners will be announced on December 29, 2019, by 5:00 p.m. EST.
7. MOTY 2020 First, Second, Third and Model Of The Year winners will be announced on December 27, 2020, by 5:00 p.m. EST.
1. First, Second and Third place awards will be custom glass awards. (subject to change)
2. Model Of The Year Award will be the Tower Of Crystal SciFiantasy Award.
3. All awards are custom made and are made after the winners are determined.
4. Allow 4 to 8 weeks for delivery as stated above they will be custom engraved.
Categories MOTY 2019 Figure and Busts Contest:
1. Each category must have at least 5 entrants.
2. If the category does not get 5 entrants it will be folded into another category close to its scale.
3. Busts – all scales
4. 28 – 32 mm figures
5. 1:32 – 1:35 scale figures (54 to 75 mm)
6. 1:24 scale figures
7. 1:16 scale figures
8. 1:9 – 1:7 scale figures
9. If your figure does not fall into one of these categories please enter it in the closet scale to your figure.
10. All figures and busts should be fantasy, horror, superheroes or anything that falls into the sci-fi or fantasy genres. Gundam suits do not fall into figures they are considered Mecha.
Categories MOTY 2020 SpaceCraft
1. Each category must have at least 5 entrants.
2. If the category does not get 5 entrants it will be folded into another category.
3. Star Trek – Illuminated
4. Star Trek – Non-Illuminated
5. Star Wars – Illuminated
6. Star Wars – Non-Illuminated
7. Battlestar Galactica – Illuminated
8. Battlestar Galactica – Non-Illuminated
9. SpaceCraft – SciFi other genres Illuminated
10. SpaceCraft – SciFi other Genres Non- Illuminated
The rules of the contest can be changed without prior notice to the contestants. If the rules are changed we will make our best attempt to notify everyone in a timely manner. The contest may be canceled at any time without prior notice. All contestants are to abide by the rules of the contest. Anyone found cheating will be banned from Scifiantasy, its affiliate sites and any further contests that are held by Hobby Link International Inc.
For any questions please contact us here at firstname.lastname@example.org