As usual, the book came from the publishers in Germany in a sturdy cardboard envelope and also wrapped in tissue paper.
The photos are all published on glossy paper. The text is in both English and German and the English translation is perfect. The captions and text are in depth and well researched. A magazine for historically interested people and modellers alike.
- Authors: Axel Urbanke
- Publisher: Luftfahrtverlag-Start
- Language: German/English
- Release date: Sept 2018
- ISBN: 978-3-941437-39-5
- Size: Softcover, A4 size
- Paper: Glossy
Table of contents for this issue:
- 50 pages, 54 photos – thereof 4 in colour, 4 colour profiles, 2 coloured emblems, 3 coloured maps, Reader forum
- Bombers: A Second Helping of the Special Weapons on the Ju 88s of KG 51
- Unknown Emblems: The Ominous “Schleppgruppe 4”
- Background: The Luftwaffe’s X-Ray Stuka; The Luftwaffe Aviation Medicine Service’s Investigations during Diving Flight
- Fates: Missing During an Ice Reconnaissance Mission over the Gulf of Finland; The fate of a crew from Wekusta 1
- Aircraft in Focus: Hptm. Hans von Hahn and his “Friedrich” with the Ring Camouflage; An unusual camouflage scheme on the aircraft of the Kommandeur of I./JG 3
- Unusual: When It Comes to Camouflage, Anything Goes!
- Photos with a Story: New Photos of the Ju 388
- Colour Photos: A Different General der Flieger Ritter von Greim
- Tails: Fw. Karl Gratz, 8./JG 52 and 11./JG 2
- Personal Emblems: The Much- Photographed Do 17 “Madrid”
- Allied Fates Victim of the Raid on Berlin on April 29, 1944
- Scenery: An Aircraft in the Middle of Town!
- As well as photos of Do 217 of KG 40, Bf 109, Bf 110 night fighter and seaplanes and photos to more topics …
This issue is, as always, full of photos you are guaranteed to have not seen before. The research is excellent and each photo is fully described in both the captions and the accompanying text for the articles. Luftwaffe im Focus remains at the forefront of Luftwaffe research. If you’re interested in the Luftwaffe and want to see new material, then this is a publication for you.
Highly recommended for both modellers and Luftwaffe enthusiasts.
If you’re going to buy a copy, do it soon as once they’re gone, they get expensive on the second-hand market and they don’t get republished very often. I think so far only issues 1-3 have been reprinted and they sold out very quickly.
Luftwaffe im Focus 28 is available from the publisher.