All the planes are combat veterans which flew missions over Afghanistan, Libya, Mali and participated in NATO policing mission Air Baltic 2013. The decal includes full stencil set for one plane.
The decals were printed in the Czech Republic by BOA Agency, and are sized for the Kittyhawk kit, although They will probably fit any good quality Mirage F1 kit.
The pack contains
- 2 pages of colour side and top/bottom views with guides to which decals go where.
- 1 double sided sheet which shows stencil placement, colour guides, weapon loads and decal sheet views so you can find the decal you’re looking for.
- 2 colour decal sheets, 1 large and one small
Starting with the stencil placement sheet, it has 4 views of an F1 with detailed instructions on where they all go with notes for specifics on the differences between the F1CTs and F1CRs. The other side of this sheet has a view of the 2 decal sheets so you can find the decal you’re looking for. There’s also a paint guide for all the aircraft, using Tamiya paints, and typical weapon loads for Op. Serpentaire, Op. Unified Protector, Air Baltic 2013 and Op. Serval. Finally there’s corrections for the Kittyhawk 2200l fuel tank. The tank has the seams and filler caps in the wrong places and the sheet gives you a 1/48 image to chow you where they should be.
The next 2 sheets are double sided colour views of the 12 aircraft. The aircraft are:
- F-1CT #223 118-QX, 2/33 Savoie, Op. Unified Protector, Sigonella AB, Oct 2011
- F-1CT #229 118-QW, 2/33 Savoie, Op. Unified Protector, Sigonella AB, Oct 2011
- F-1CT #279 118-QL, CEAM, Op. Unified Protector, Sigonella AB, Oct 2011
- F-1CR #604 118-CF, 2/33 Savoie, Op. Serval, Bamako (Mali), Jan 2013
- F-1CR #617 118-NE, 2/33 Savoie, Op. Unified Protector (Libya), Sigonella AB, Oct 2011
- F-1CR #628 33-NB, 1/33 Belfort, Op. Serpentaire, Kandahar, Spring 2008
- F-1CR #643 33-CE, 2/33 Savoie, Op. Serpentaire, Kandahar, Spring 2008
- F-1CR #643 118-CE, 2/33 Savoie, Op. Unified Protector, Sigonella AB, Oct 2011
- F-1CR #647 118-CB, 2/33 Savoie, NATO Air Baltic 2013, Siaulia AB, Aug 2013
- F-1CR #649 118-CR, 2/33 Savoie, Mont-de-Marsan AB, Aug 2013
- F-1CR #654 118-NC, 2/33 Savoie, NATO Air Baltic 2013, Siaulia AB, Aug 2013
- F-1CR #658 118-NQ, 2/33 Savoie, NATO Air Baltic 2013, Siaulia AB, Aug 2013
These 2 sheets are well printed on slightly thicker paper and contain helpful notes about the small changes between aircraft and their fuel tanks.
Finally we come to the main item – the decals themselves. They are very well printed with very little carrier sheet visible. The small sheet is a corrections sheet. If there’s one thing I’ve learned about this company it’s that they’re serious about getting it right.
Overall these decals are excellently researched, with ample notes to make sure you get things right and if you’re using the Kittyhawk kit, even make a correction to that too. The decals themselves are as good as any out there. This decal set is highly recommended.
Many thanks to Mission Mark for the review sample.
Paul Tosney – Model Builder International – www.modelbuilderinternational.com